ReVamp was formed by vocalist Floor Jansen in 2010, after her previous
called it a day a year earlier.
The self-titled debut is really a solo project with a bevy of guest
musicians, but Jansen turned up the ante on 2013's Wild Card
a proper band alongside more special guest appearances.
This is still her project and vision, though, and what a vision it is.
She's long been one of the best operatic vocalists in metal, but she
outdoes herself here, mixing in power metal vocals and even some growls
alongside her outstanding operatic style.
The music ranges from symphonic/gothic metal to progressive to power metal,
with a grandiose feel that somehow avoids being overblown.
Jansen got the call to join
and inevitably the strain of trying to front two full-time bands was
too much, as she disbanded ReVamp in September 2016.
Reviews: Teeth Of The Divine
- Here's My Hell
- Head Up High
- Sweet Curse
- In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us Part: All Goodbyes Are Said
- In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us Part: Disdain
- In Sickness 'Till Death Do Us Part: Disgraced
- Kill Me with Silence
- Fast Forward
- The Trial of Monsters
- Under My Skin
- I Lost Myself
- Floor Jansen
- Waldemar Sorychta
- Koen Herfst
Reviews: Sea Of Tranquility
- The Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown: On the Sideline
- The Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown: The Limbic System
- Wild Card
- The Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown: Neurasthenia
- Distorted Lullabies
- I Can Become
- Misery's No Crime
- Wolf and Dog
- Floor Jansen
- Jord Otto
- Arjan Rijnen
- Ruben Wijga
- Matthias Landes