July 4, 2016
An odd band, this Finnish quartet.
features impossibly obtuse song titles
("When The Sun Drank The Weight Of Water",
"Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep", to name two -- and several other
titles are much longer),
very low-pitched gurgled death vocals, and
and a constantly changing array of riffs.
Though their overall sound has traditional death metal roots,
their complex arrangements and musicianship definitely make
them stand out from the crowd.
At times this uniqueness is quite effective, while at other times
the riffs and songs tend to blur, leaving one with the feeling
that perhaps a few more standard song structures would tighten up
the overall effect.
was first released on No Fashion Records, then
re-released on Necropolis, Pavement, and Repulse.
The Repulse version also contains four tracks from their
4 Instructive Tales
demo which shows a rougher side of the band.
The band broke up soon after Nespithe
's release, briefly
reformed in 2005 before disbanding again, and then regrouped for
a second time in 2014.
- When the sun drank the weight of water
- The sixteenth six-tooth son of fourteen four regional dimensions
- Inherited rowel levitation - reduced without any effort
- The echo (replacement)
- The putrefying road in the nineteenth extremity (...somewhere inside the bowels of endlessness...)
- (within)The chamber of whispering eyes
- And you`ll remain...(in pieces of nothingness)
- The planet that once used to absorb flesh in order to achieve divinity and immortality (suffocated to the flesh that it desired...)
- The cry
- Raped embalmed beauty sleep
20th Adversary Of Emptiness